Which areas do you cover?

We cover the North and East of LondonHertfordshire, and West Essex. Here are some of the places where we have done work:

  • Leytonstone E11
  • Walthamstow E17
  • Buckhurst Hill IG9
  • Loughton IG10
  • Woodford Green IG8
  • Epping CM16
  • Sawbridgeworth CM21
  • Chingford E4
  • Enfield EN1
  • Cockfosters EN4
  • Ware SG12
  • East Barnet EN4
  • Southgate N14
  • Palmers Green N13
  • Bishop’s Stortford CM23

Can I convert my loft?

Go in your loft, stand under the apex and if you have at least 2.3m from the ceiling joist to the ridge, then your loft can probably be converted. Contact us and we will arrange a free visit to your home and advise you with the best way of converting your loft.

How long will it take?

A loft extension usually takes 6-7 weeks from the time the scaffolding is erected to when the rooms are ready to decorate. Depending on the complexity of the work it may take longer. Contact us and we will be happy to discuss the schedule. The expected schedule will be confirmed before work starts.

Do I need planning permission?

Loft conversions do not usually require planning permission as it is covered under the Permitted Development Rights (see the Planning Portal for more information).

Are you Gas Safe registered?

Yes, we are gas safe registered. You can find our details on the Gas Safe Register website. Our Gas Safe number is 538931.

Do you have any references?

Please contact us and we will be happy to show you previous work we have done in your area. Use the contact form or call us on 01279 654 716.

What are the payment arrangements?

We take payments as work progresses, typically: 5% deposit, 10% start work, 20% fit floor steel, 20% build dormer, 15% fit staircase, 10% fit windows, 15% plaster, 5% completion.

Do I need a Party Wall Agreement?

The Party Wall etc Act 1996 provides a framework for preventing and resolving disputes in relation to party walls, boundary walls and excavations near neighbouring buildings. (See the Party Wall etc Act 1996 Guidance on the government website).

It is required that you and your neighbour sign a Party Wall Agreement when doing a loft extension as it involves work on the party walls (in the case of semi-detached or terrace houses).